This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data such as
- Number of people who visit the website
- Date and time of visits
- Number of pages viewed
- Amount of time spent on the website
- Which pages are visited
- Visitor IP addresses
- Details of which browsers are used to view the website.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
The information collected will be analysed and used to help provide you with a better website experience.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you mail digests and periodic newsletters.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
We may also process personal data where it is necessary to safeguard the prevention, investigation and detection of payment fraud.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to brenda@Tralee.ie detailing which communications you want to be removed from.
- Unsubscribe using the link on the mail footer (as in the case of Mail Digests and other communications via MailChimp)
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the relevant Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation.
In addition, Tralee Chamber will only use the data submitted to the Members’ Directory to promote business linkage between members, provide contact details for new and existing members and promote events and/or initiatives that the Chamber is involved in. All data in the directory is submitted willingly by the Members themselves and can be edited/deleted by themselves ant any time.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links o other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside of the Tralee Chamber of Commerce domains. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.